Wednesday, October 21, 2009

All the best guys....BORNEO vs SEMENANJUNG


It is one of my job as a Sports Psychologist to always be there with my athletes, especially when they will facing the tournament. I will give all the support i have and inspire them to be more motivate to play the game. Some of the people said that, there is no need to be there seems like you are do nothing and just sit at the side of the field watching they playing a game. But the truth is, i am not only watching them playing but more than that. i done my own observation about their psychological when in the game. With all this information i gain from my observation will help me to prepare a suitable Mental Training for them.
Each sport have a different approach to do a Mental Training. At the same time, I also need to learn about the sport. For example Lawn Bowls, i need to learn and do sort of simple research about it, such as how to play, how they calculate the mark, what is the basic principle in this sport, what should an athlete have to understand the technique. What can i say here is, even though i am a Youth & Sports Executive, but so many things i have to learn to improve my competency.

Today our Sarawak Lawn Bowls will combine with Sabah and also Labuan to defeat Cemerlang Team from Semenanjung in BORNEO vs SEMENANJUNG Competition. Not more can i done for my athletes, but i create a simple key chain for them as a external support for them to keep forward and..."Just enjoy the GAME. The most important thing is, show your SUPPORT with each other because all of you had the best TEAMWORK within you!! Don't waste it."